The Software Architect role is responsible for working as part of a collaborative development team to create working software applications based on our customers’ requirements using relevant and related technologies, and leading other developers where appropriate. They define the problem from an engineering perspective. They divide the software system into implementable chunks, but also keep an eye on the big picture to ensure the system still works as a consistent whole. Architects decide trade-offs among quality attributes and manage the inevitable growth of technical debt.
- Enjoys working as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to lead and mentor junior team members
- Ability to respond to changing demands, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Problem-solving mentality, and the desire to learn new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire and ability to put in the work and a true passion for solving problems – gritty mentality
- Able to work on-site in our Huntington, WV or Nashville, TN offices that you?
Is that you?
- 6+ years of hands-on development experience, preferably as a team-lead or senior developer
- Proficiency in at least 2 languages and exposure to others (C#,Java,JS,Python,Ruby,C)
- Exposure to wide-variety of tools and frameworks used across the industry
- Familiarity with industry best-practices and techniques for high quality software development
- Proficiency in database technologies – preferred exposure to SQL/NOSQL/Caching mechanisms
- Soft-skills necessary to interact with clients directly
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for employee (a significant portion of employee only paid) and family (paid in part)
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- We offer mature benefit plans, 401K with match and bonus plans.
- We also offer flexibility in our work environments and a chance to truly build vertical expertise.
- State of the art office environment and the latest development tools
Core 10, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
Exciting company with change and challenge at the heart of what we are doing!